Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Well thanks for all the warm welcomes to bloggers world. Today has been a pretty crazy day We have been trying to get medical equipment for Jake. After a full year I was able to get just over half of it. Now we will keep fighting for the rest. The big thing though we finally got an upgrade for his wheelchair.

He has been sitting in a wheelchair that was way too small for him. It has done some damage to his neck because it pushed him out ot the chair and he was slouched forward. We got a walker and a stander for him too. I can't wait till we get the new wheels we ordered for the wheelchair as he will be able to push his own chair. He has practiced on his friend Adams chair and does pretty well with it. We are supposed to get that in a couple of weeks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa M. said...

I am so excited for you Jodi. I think it is super that you have the equipment that you have gotten thus far.

There are few people out there that realize just what a big fat hairy pain in the hiney it is to deal with insurance, venders, ect and actually get the equipment our kiddo's need.

I think it will be neat that he will be able to push his own wheels. I am so glad you have your appointment tomorrow.

WOO WOO. This is a naked cartwheel moment!

WAY TO GO. JODI!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Pattiann said...

There is nothing quite so exciting as Christmas with children. I envy you, since mine are grown and gone and I only see them occasionally. Glad you're blogging. Hope you enjoy it like I do. I've put you on my Blogroll. Go Girl!!

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, everyone else puts warm, snuggly, welcoming comments. All I have to say is . . . ya spelled jargon wrong!!! Aren't you glad you know the queen of spelling trivia??

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Melanie said...

That last comment wasn't anonymous, it was me! Melanie

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home